Presidents Report AGM 11th Nov 2017
Report from the outgoing president
Dear members and friends,
Our club has had an another successful year with lots of events and functions.
Two of them deserve a special mention: The St Helena boat trip in March. A lot of members participated in discovering part of our beautiful Moreton Bay and gained new knowledge of South Queensland history.
The other one was our National Day celebration where 400+ members attended, including members of our highest Swiss representation in Australia. It was a very successful day indeed.
We received lots of positive comments about our functions this year and probably the best one came from our Ambassador of Switzerland, Mr Zwahlen “it was one of the best Swiss National Days I ever attended”.
Events like this would not be possible without the help and effort of the committee and all our volunteers.
I would like to thank:
– our editor Alice, who is so dedicated to organise the design, to contact everyone and ensure all events are mentioned, despite not being in the committee;
– our treasurer, Peter Weidman. It takes a lot of time to check at every function who booked, paid, and then provide the financial result to the committee;
– the committee members for their tireless work during the year, our events take up a lot of your time and I am very grateful for all your help;
– Anita Meier, our club secretary, who works tirelessly behind the scene to ensure the smooth running of the club;
– to René who, for 26 years, has always given his time, as former President, and now as a committee member. Your help for our club is very much appreciated;
– Gabriel, who diligently takes and sends photos to our editor, for his comments and his help re any media problem;
– Philippe Coquerand for his contributions and ensuring that all email remainders are sent to members;
– Fredi Vogel, our website whizz, for ensuring all events/news/info is also available online;
– Peter Zuend, for organising the bushwalks and keeping members fit;
– Lorly Wihler and her team for looking after the Swiss Care Society;
– Katja Walliman Gates and her team, who time after time surprise us with amazing music pieces from the choir;
– The Gold Coast Group for organising events for members living at the Gold Coast;
– Cecile Scherrer, who puts so much effort into running the Fraser Coast Group;
– all our volunteers who help at the events. Without you, we simply couldn’t do it!
– our members, who support the club by attending events, and volunteering where possible. Thank you!
To those who have contributed to our “Swiss News” I thank you all and hope that you will send even more information next year.
Please remember to use our New Website - www.swissclubqld.org.au
Disclaimer: Published information does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the
committee nor is the club liable for any expenses due to errors or misleading
information. Copyright © 2017 Swiss Society of Queensland Inc. - All rights